{Recipe} Healthier and Easy to make Salad


Hi there and welcome to my first ever recipe post on “The Myrabev Life”, for the last two months I have been sharing with you all the lovely vegetarian books I have been reading and reviewing but I am yet to share with you some recipes that I either came up with or got the idea from the books. Today’s recipe I whipped up myself at work and it actually tastes really really good. This is the 2nd most ‘Greens or produce’ containing food I have ever consumed in my adult life, like I mentioned in my last book review post – I grew up with a vegetarian lifestyle one not by choice but by necessity. I remember growing up back home and we used avocado (mashed up and added some sugar for taste) only on bread like you would peanut butter or butter so I was very surprised and shocked to see avocado used in salads, since then I have been on a mission to find a way I can have avocado in my salad. Today I am sharing with you my one little creation I am proud of and so excited to share.
Ingredients:
·         Assortment of beans plus herbs (red kidney beans, borlotti beans, cannellini beans, fresh spring onions, red onions, parsley, mint, sliced black olives) I used Three Bean Salad by Delphi which was marinated in olive oil and herbs.
·         Avocado
·         Tomatoes
·         Salt & black pepper
·         Assortment of salad leaves à I bought the Sainsbury assorted salad
·         Optional – German sausages 
Preparation time: under 5 minutes
1.       Cut up the tomatoes to your desired side and sauté with salt/pepper
2.       I prefer my salad leaves really small so I cut mine up and mix with the tomatoes
3.       Microwave the sausages for 1 minute, cut into small desired pieces
4.       Cut up the avocado, I had a whole one (was not too big)
5.       Lastly mix-up everything with the assortment of beans and add a little salt/pepper if you want.

 This is how I made my healthy salad (also vegetarian), it contains all the good stuff I need and the best part I still get my piece of meat (even if it’s just small German sausages). Let me know what you think of my little creation, I am just starting out with trying new things so am very excited for the exploring that I can do.

Labels: , , , ,

::The Myrabev Life::: {Recipe} Healthier and Easy to make Salad

Tuesday, September 02, 2014

{Recipe} Healthier and Easy to make Salad


Hi there and welcome to my first ever recipe post on “The Myrabev Life”, for the last two months I have been sharing with you all the lovely vegetarian books I have been reading and reviewing but I am yet to share with you some recipes that I either came up with or got the idea from the books. Today’s recipe I whipped up myself at work and it actually tastes really really good. This is the 2nd most ‘Greens or produce’ containing food I have ever consumed in my adult life, like I mentioned in my last book review post – I grew up with a vegetarian lifestyle one not by choice but by necessity. I remember growing up back home and we used avocado (mashed up and added some sugar for taste) only on bread like you would peanut butter or butter so I was very surprised and shocked to see avocado used in salads, since then I have been on a mission to find a way I can have avocado in my salad. Today I am sharing with you my one little creation I am proud of and so excited to share.
Ingredients:
·         Assortment of beans plus herbs (red kidney beans, borlotti beans, cannellini beans, fresh spring onions, red onions, parsley, mint, sliced black olives) I used Three Bean Salad by Delphi which was marinated in olive oil and herbs.
·         Avocado
·         Tomatoes
·         Salt & black pepper
·         Assortment of salad leaves à I bought the Sainsbury assorted salad
·         Optional – German sausages 
Preparation time: under 5 minutes
1.       Cut up the tomatoes to your desired side and sauté with salt/pepper
2.       I prefer my salad leaves really small so I cut mine up and mix with the tomatoes
3.       Microwave the sausages for 1 minute, cut into small desired pieces
4.       Cut up the avocado, I had a whole one (was not too big)
5.       Lastly mix-up everything with the assortment of beans and add a little salt/pepper if you want.

 This is how I made my healthy salad (also vegetarian), it contains all the good stuff I need and the best part I still get my piece of meat (even if it’s just small German sausages). Let me know what you think of my little creation, I am just starting out with trying new things so am very excited for the exploring that I can do.

Labels: , , , ,

32 Comments:

At 2 September 2014 at 07:42 , Blogger Jemma @ Celery and Cupcakes said...

This is so bright and colourful, looks yummy!

 
At 2 September 2014 at 09:19 , Blogger Carmen Varner said...

Looks incredibly tasty. I'd even toss in vegetarian sausage. :] // itsCarmen.com ☼ ☯

 
At 2 September 2014 at 18:04 , Blogger Anosa said...

Thanks Hun x

 
At 2 September 2014 at 18:04 , Blogger Anosa said...

It was so tasty it's now my go to work meal, so excited trying out new things and vegetated sausages are next

 
At 2 September 2014 at 19:45 , Blogger spiffykerms said...

Love the salad, but I'm not a huge fan of beans so I'd omit those and it'd be pretty tasty ;)

 
At 2 September 2014 at 19:54 , Blogger Unknown said...

That looks really good! I never thought about putting sausage in my salad, but I'm going to have to try that.

 
At 2 September 2014 at 20:05 , Blogger Unknown said...

I love beans in my salads and this reminds me that on my lunch break I need to soap chickpeas to cook for my salads! I love prepping my salads on the weekend so that I can make them super fast during the week!

 
At 2 September 2014 at 20:06 , Blogger Alyssa said...

Healthy salads are SUCH a good idea! I love this! Too bad lettuce hurts my stomach

 
At 2 September 2014 at 21:05 , Blogger Maryann said...

Looks delicious!

 
At 3 September 2014 at 00:01 , Blogger Girl In Beta said...

Looks yummy! I love bean salads.

 
At 3 September 2014 at 01:14 , Blogger Unknown said...

That looks really tasty! Always looking for new healthier meals to try!

 
At 3 September 2014 at 02:54 , Blogger Unknown said...

I love avocado in my salads. Avocado is like the most popular thing about where I live so we put it on or in everything.

 
At 3 September 2014 at 03:15 , Blogger klgrant said...

Yum! Veggies are my downfall--I really need to force myself to eat them more often so that I will maybe start liking them.

 
At 3 September 2014 at 05:57 , Blogger Laurel Wadsworth said...

It's always interesting how you can make just a simple salad turn into such filling delicious meals.

 
At 3 September 2014 at 07:50 , Blogger Unknown said...

Wow, I've never heard of sausages like that in a salad before! Great post :)

 
At 3 September 2014 at 13:49 , Blogger Katie said...

I eat salads all the time and love this variation. Will definitely try it!

Katie <3

 
At 3 September 2014 at 16:31 , Blogger Kristyn said...

mmm this salad looks so tasty!

 
At 3 September 2014 at 18:23 , Blogger Lauren // Pink on the Cheek said...

I love avocado in my salads!

 
At 3 September 2014 at 22:11 , Blogger Neely said...

Yummmm avocado!

 
At 3 September 2014 at 22:14 , Blogger Carly said...

This salad looks really delicious! I love that you added German sausage to it!

 
At 3 September 2014 at 23:31 , Blogger Unknown said...

Yum! this looks so good - and filling! I need to make this!

 
At 4 September 2014 at 03:16 , Blogger Jessica Doll @ Team Wiking said...

I bet the sausage and beans taste great together!

 
At 4 September 2014 at 14:49 , Blogger Brooke @ Youre in Brookelynn said...

I would have never thought to put sausages in a salad, I'll definitely have to try it now!

 
At 4 September 2014 at 20:15 , Blogger Unknown said...

colorful salad! Not a fan of sausage in my salad as it tends to make me really tired, but everything else looks yummy!

 
At 4 September 2014 at 20:37 , Blogger Cassie Tucker said...

That sounds like a great salad! I'd like to try to make something like that :)

 
At 4 September 2014 at 23:13 , Anonymous Cam | Bibs and Baubles said...

I used to eat salads all of the time! I need to get back to it. This one looks good!

 
At 5 September 2014 at 00:14 , Blogger Alicia Snow said...

Looks delicious! Always on the look-out for new recipes!

 
At 5 September 2014 at 03:17 , Blogger Unknown said...

This looks so yummy! I would leave out the German sausage just because I am vegetarian, but it looks so good nonetheless. I am most def going to need to try this. Thanks so much for sharing!

 
At 7 September 2014 at 19:23 , Blogger Unknown said...

Ooh, sausages....ooh beans...ooh salad. Needless to say, I think that sounds pretty good

 
At 10 September 2014 at 06:49 , Blogger Jess Loves This Life said...

Oh YUM! I'm really not a big fan of salads but this I can obviously appreciate!!

 
At 10 September 2014 at 21:43 , Blogger Anosa said...

Thank you jess x

 
At 10 September 2014 at 21:44 , Blogger Anosa said...

hahaha thank you x

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home