For as long as I can remember I have always had the love/hate relationship with my oily face. I remember one of my older cousins teasing me ‘M’s face is so oily you could fry an egg or two on it’, since then I have always wanted to find products that would reduce the oiliness of my face but up to now nothing has worked. They say if you can’t beat them join them so I am taking the approach though a little bit different, I have decided to embrace my oiliness and make it work for me. After doing some research (googled) I found the following 5 (reasons) advantages and disadvantages of having oily skin.
- Younger looking: who doesn’t love to look younger?
- Slow to age: All that oil secreted slows the ageing process
- Softer skin: My face skin is naturally softer and am told that’s because of the oil I secrete
- Stronger/thicker - against environmental damage <- this is just added bonus
- Low maintenance – my face doesn’t require much to look good so I am blessed in that respect.
- Shiny face: As annoying as it is I am thankful for it, looking at my 50 year old mother who doesn't look a year older than 21 is great.
- Clogged pores - leads to high risk of acne, very fortunate I do not have acne or ever suffered from it but to make sure it does not catch me in the future I have invested in maintenance of my face. I now have the Derma roller, Vitamin c face serum
and the latest addition the Soniclear
What type of skin are you? Oily, dry or combination?
Labels: Reflections, Tuesday