{Health} Reasons to love your oily skin

For as long as I can remember I have always had the love/hate relationship with my oily face. I remember one of my older cousins teasing me ‘M’s face is so oily you could fry an egg or two on it’, since then I have always wanted to find products that would reduce the oiliness of my face but up to now nothing has worked. They say if you can’t beat them join them so I am taking the approach though a little bit different, I have decided to embrace my oiliness and make it work for me. After doing some research (googled) I found the following 5 (reasons) advantages and disadvantages of having oily skin.

Advantages:
- Younger looking: who doesn’t love to look younger?
- Slow to age: All that oil secreted slows the ageing process
- Softer skin: My face skin is naturally softer and am told that’s because of the oil I secrete
- Stronger/thicker - against environmental damage <- this is just added bonus
- Low maintenance – my face doesn’t require much to look good so I am blessed in that respect.


Disadvantages:
- Shiny face: As annoying as it is I am thankful for it, looking at my 50 year old mother who doesn't look a year older than 21 is great.
- Clogged pores - leads to high risk of acne, very fortunate I do not have acne or ever suffered from it but to make sure it does not catch me in the future I have invested in maintenance of my face. I now have the Derma roller, Vitamin c face serum and the latest addition the Soniclear.

What type of skin are you? Oily, dry or combination?


Labels: ,

::The Myrabev Life::: {Health} Reasons to love your oily skin

Wednesday, December 03, 2014

{Health} Reasons to love your oily skin

For as long as I can remember I have always had the love/hate relationship with my oily face. I remember one of my older cousins teasing me ‘M’s face is so oily you could fry an egg or two on it’, since then I have always wanted to find products that would reduce the oiliness of my face but up to now nothing has worked. They say if you can’t beat them join them so I am taking the approach though a little bit different, I have decided to embrace my oiliness and make it work for me. After doing some research (googled) I found the following 5 (reasons) advantages and disadvantages of having oily skin.

Advantages:
- Younger looking: who doesn’t love to look younger?
- Slow to age: All that oil secreted slows the ageing process
- Softer skin: My face skin is naturally softer and am told that’s because of the oil I secrete
- Stronger/thicker - against environmental damage <- this is just added bonus
- Low maintenance – my face doesn’t require much to look good so I am blessed in that respect.


Disadvantages:
- Shiny face: As annoying as it is I am thankful for it, looking at my 50 year old mother who doesn't look a year older than 21 is great.
- Clogged pores - leads to high risk of acne, very fortunate I do not have acne or ever suffered from it but to make sure it does not catch me in the future I have invested in maintenance of my face. I now have the Derma roller, Vitamin c face serum and the latest addition the Soniclear.

What type of skin are you? Oily, dry or combination?


Labels: ,

18 Comments:

At 3 December 2014 at 02:31 , Blogger Unknown said...

I have super oily skin as well! It has always driven me crazy! And I don't think it's slowed the aging for me at all haha

 
At 3 December 2014 at 08:12 , Blogger Anosa said...

awww bless, seems to be working for me but i will report back in 30 years lol since my mother and grandmother look so young for there ages i certainly hope i carried that gene.

 
At 3 December 2014 at 12:42 , Blogger Fiona said...

Thanks for sharing this Myrabev. I too have oily skin and while it doesn't bother me that much it does annoy me when I'm wearing makeup and I get that oily t-zone look that no amount of powder can fix - I seriously hate that! I love all the benefits to having oily skin, especially the looking younger part. Also, I do find that my skin is really soft even without using a moisturiser everyday so yay for that! :)

 
At 3 December 2014 at 13:07 , Blogger Masshole Mommy said...

I liked reading this, actually. I have always been one of those people with super dry skin, so I have the opposite issue. Especially in the winter time here, my skin dries out so much that when I do moisturize, my skin just sucks it up! You definitley do look young :)

 
At 3 December 2014 at 13:41 , Blogger Unknown said...

That is such a mean thing for your cousin to say and go you for finding a positive side to having oily skin. I myself have extremely dry skin to the point to where I wish I had some natural oil. Even my hair is super dry that I have to add oil to it :( I will pass this along to some family that have this issue and hope it will help them

 
At 3 December 2014 at 18:49 , Anonymous Terri Ramsey Beavers said...

I used to have oily skin and always hated it. I'd love to have it back though after reading your post. I've never thought about it before but those that I know that have always complained of oily skin does look younger than I do, with my dry skin look. I'll have to start using beauty oil products on my face at night. Thanks for sharing.

 
At 3 December 2014 at 21:57 , Blogger Esther JuLee said...

yes there are definitely advantages.. and though i don't have oily skin.. i'm combination and oily only in my t-zone area, but it's what will keep me young in at least my t-zone area! haha i think it's nice if you don't have to constantly moisturize, so i'll take oily over dry any day.

 
At 4 December 2014 at 04:44 , Blogger Unknown said...

Having oily skin is not that bad like what other people may seem to think. I have dry skin and I honestly believe that it's better to have oily skin than dry ones. Though most of my friends who have oily skin thinks of the latter, lol.

 
At 4 December 2014 at 06:48 , Blogger Anosa said...

I have the same issue Fiona, the T-zone is my nightmare area but I love now

 
At 4 December 2014 at 06:49 , Blogger Anosa said...

awww bless, funny think though my face is oily my lefts and arms not so much it's such a constrast its scary. Thank you

 
At 4 December 2014 at 06:49 , Blogger Anosa said...

You know family as usually the meanest, my cousins said they were toughening me up for the big bad world lol but thanks anyway

 
At 4 December 2014 at 06:50 , Blogger Anosa said...

aww bless you, I have tried to look at the bright side of oil skin and looking at my mum and grandmother the way they looker younger than there age keeps me happy and shinny lol

 
At 4 December 2014 at 06:51 , Blogger Anosa said...

I guess that's true no need to moisturise all day that is a benefit indeed, thanks Esther

 
At 4 December 2014 at 06:52 , Blogger Anosa said...

The grass being greener on the other side lol I always wanted dry skin so I didnt look like a frying pan but now I am happy with it

 
At 5 December 2014 at 16:28 , Blogger Diana said...

As someone with oily skin I really appreciate your post. It is so hard being a teenager with oily skin, but as I've gotten older it's easier to appreciate that I do look younger than I am! I'm going to look into some of the products you've mentioned. As I close in on 30 (shhhh) I feel like I need to pay more attention to skin care!

 
At 7 December 2014 at 19:58 , Blogger Anosa said...

I am close to 30 too lol so was happy to learn on these and more happy to share with my fellow oily skin people lol.

 
At 10 December 2014 at 09:38 , Anonymous Mommy Pehpot said...

If you live here in my country, oily skin is not good! You would like you just splash yourself some oil here haha

Anyways, as for me, I do not like oil in my skin, I want it moisturized not oily :)

 
At 12 December 2014 at 18:26 , Blogger Anosa said...

hahaha i guess, i used to live in hot climate and though was oily was not too bad

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home