{Blogger Support} Starting out


Starting out as a new blogger can be tough and at times daunting, everything is so new, the language is weird and for most! none of your friends are bloggers so you do not yet have someone to talk to about it all. Your decision to start a blog could have stemmed from a number of reasons, mine was honestly boredom and loneliness. Others it could be they have been reading blogs for a long time and are ready to start one or as an outlet for your everyday life or the creative streak in you. Whatever the reason you have (or had) started, now what is next after starting your blog or blogs? How do you go abouts getting the content you've spent maybe a few minutes, or even a couple of hours researching and writing to the outside world? Press publish of course (insert smiley of choice), but it does not end there.

One thing non-bloggers or those not familiar with the work that goes into running a blog don't know is just because I have published the post does not mean my work ends there, unfortunately it doesn't that is just the beginning of it all. Once you have published your post you need to share it on the monster web and even then you're not guaranteed that people will see it and come visit and comment on your blog. Those who see it will just look and go, some will love it enough to comment, some will love it but not comment. I have friends who read my blogs: A July Dreamer and The Myrabev Life and tell me offline how much they loved the post, this will happen plenty. I want them to comment and some say they are not comfortable commenting online and some will say I do not know what to say. This is common do not get discouraged be happy someone is reading.
Though I am not and do not claim to be an expert in the blogging world I know what has been working for my blogs so far. I am everyday learning and picking up tips on how to blog, how to promote my content etc and the most common one I see is supporting one another as bloggers. With this in mind I embarked on doing one thing that I know has worked for me and I know works for other bloggers too and that is joining a facebook groups and because I know most facebook group owners require you get permission before talking about their group (which is very understandable) I created my own face group sharing group called Lovely Bloggers and I am inviting you all to join and support each other grow.

In the  Lovely Bloggers group I will be putting up threads where you can share posts you want comments on (reciprocate two above your own), Facebook like & comment threads where you share facebook links you want liking and comments on and also Follow threads which will either be daily or weekly. I have started this group with a sole purpose of supporting other bloggers and helping each other grow because without each other our growth is limited. You're welcome to share this group link with fellow bloggers so we can grow and support one another. 

Over the last 18 months I have developed a routine that I practice almost every morning, I shared Bloggers, Events & Friends post on A July dreamer. This post I shared how I developed my routine and with insomnia being my best friend I find myself with more time which surprisingly I use to read other blogs than blogging. I have created this group that I am taking full responsibility for and hoping to discover more blogs to add to my routine. And because I travel a lot I am always looking for new blogs to read, I love blogs of all niches as I do not want to limit myself. I believe supporting one another, promoting and helping out fellow bloggers is the best way to grow as a blogger.

Come join this new facebook group where your blog will definitely get support from me be it a comment or sharing on my social media. I hope to see you all there and thanks for joining a Lovely Bloggers  facebook group.

Labels: ,

::The Myrabev Life::: {Blogger Support} Starting out

Friday, February 20, 2015

{Blogger Support} Starting out


Starting out as a new blogger can be tough and at times daunting, everything is so new, the language is weird and for most! none of your friends are bloggers so you do not yet have someone to talk to about it all. Your decision to start a blog could have stemmed from a number of reasons, mine was honestly boredom and loneliness. Others it could be they have been reading blogs for a long time and are ready to start one or as an outlet for your everyday life or the creative streak in you. Whatever the reason you have (or had) started, now what is next after starting your blog or blogs? How do you go abouts getting the content you've spent maybe a few minutes, or even a couple of hours researching and writing to the outside world? Press publish of course (insert smiley of choice), but it does not end there.

One thing non-bloggers or those not familiar with the work that goes into running a blog don't know is just because I have published the post does not mean my work ends there, unfortunately it doesn't that is just the beginning of it all. Once you have published your post you need to share it on the monster web and even then you're not guaranteed that people will see it and come visit and comment on your blog. Those who see it will just look and go, some will love it enough to comment, some will love it but not comment. I have friends who read my blogs: A July Dreamer and The Myrabev Life and tell me offline how much they loved the post, this will happen plenty. I want them to comment and some say they are not comfortable commenting online and some will say I do not know what to say. This is common do not get discouraged be happy someone is reading.
Though I am not and do not claim to be an expert in the blogging world I know what has been working for my blogs so far. I am everyday learning and picking up tips on how to blog, how to promote my content etc and the most common one I see is supporting one another as bloggers. With this in mind I embarked on doing one thing that I know has worked for me and I know works for other bloggers too and that is joining a facebook groups and because I know most facebook group owners require you get permission before talking about their group (which is very understandable) I created my own face group sharing group called Lovely Bloggers and I am inviting you all to join and support each other grow.

In the  Lovely Bloggers group I will be putting up threads where you can share posts you want comments on (reciprocate two above your own), Facebook like & comment threads where you share facebook links you want liking and comments on and also Follow threads which will either be daily or weekly. I have started this group with a sole purpose of supporting other bloggers and helping each other grow because without each other our growth is limited. You're welcome to share this group link with fellow bloggers so we can grow and support one another. 

Over the last 18 months I have developed a routine that I practice almost every morning, I shared Bloggers, Events & Friends post on A July dreamer. This post I shared how I developed my routine and with insomnia being my best friend I find myself with more time which surprisingly I use to read other blogs than blogging. I have created this group that I am taking full responsibility for and hoping to discover more blogs to add to my routine. And because I travel a lot I am always looking for new blogs to read, I love blogs of all niches as I do not want to limit myself. I believe supporting one another, promoting and helping out fellow bloggers is the best way to grow as a blogger.

Come join this new facebook group where your blog will definitely get support from me be it a comment or sharing on my social media. I hope to see you all there and thanks for joining a Lovely Bloggers  facebook group.

Labels: ,

53 Comments:

At 20 February 2015 at 09:11 , Blogger Sam Rickelton | Family Travel Blogger said...

Facebook groups are a fab place for support - we have our own in the NE which we love. x

 
At 20 February 2015 at 09:20 , Anonymous Anonymous said...

I'm still new to this blooging malarky and it's a jungle out there when it comes to trying to get people to read our posts. I'll hae a look at your lovely bloogers facebook page.

 
At 20 February 2015 at 10:59 , Blogger Anosa said...

They really are, glad to know you have one you really like

 
At 20 February 2015 at 11:00 , Blogger Anosa said...

It can be hard sometimes but joining groups like mine really do help, hope you have a chance to join.

 
At 20 February 2015 at 14:13 , Blogger Unknown said...

aw that awsome you started your own group i cant wait to join! im a new blogger and it hard getting your blog out there when you are just starting !

 
At 20 February 2015 at 14:14 , Blogger Unknown said...

that is awesome your starting a new blog group i am a new blogger and its so hard to get your blog out there yet alone trying to get subscribers cant wait to join your new group

 
At 20 February 2015 at 14:15 , Blogger Unknown said...

Great idea - I have just requested to join the group. I am starting out too :)

 
At 20 February 2015 at 14:22 , Blogger HilLesha O'Nan said...

I have been a blogger for 11 years (where did time go?!) and I'm always amazed when I run into people who don't know or understand what a blogger is. Some don't even consider it a legit job, but only if they understood how much work is put into blogging! Therefore, it is always nice to be part of groups that are so supportive of bloggers. :)

 
At 20 February 2015 at 15:15 , Blogger Unknown said...

Thank you so much for all of your help to us newbie bloggers! You are one of the reasons why I dont get discouraged and I'm requesting to join your group :)

 
At 20 February 2015 at 15:22 , Anonymous Tori said...

Blogging definitely takes a lot more work after a post is published. I think that joining Facebook groups is a great idea and one that should not go overlooked by bloggers, no matter how experienced or inexperienced they are.

 
At 20 February 2015 at 16:07 , Blogger Fiona said...

Oh how lovely Miranda - no pun intended! I've requested to join the group, it's great to be a member of groups where the bloggers support each other.

 
At 20 February 2015 at 17:48 , Blogger Coach Donna Ward said...

Very cool, thank you for the invitation - I am awaiting for your approval - and so looking forward to seeing your group grow! Congrats :)

 
At 20 February 2015 at 18:50 , Blogger Alicia Snow said...

Blogging groups are the best for meeting new bloggers, networking, and collaborating! Good for you for starting your own!

 
At 20 February 2015 at 20:09 , Anonymous Terri Ramsey Beavers said...

Thank you so much for sharing. I think FB groups are fantastic for new and advanced bloggers. My new site can be really daunting most days.

 
At 21 February 2015 at 00:01 , Blogger Nina Say said...

I love the support the blogger community gives each other. It is a really nice sign that humanity is all and well.

 
At 21 February 2015 at 01:48 , Blogger spiffykerms said...

Aw this is so nice of you! I'm going to join your FB group :) :) :)

 
At 21 February 2015 at 02:01 , Blogger Lisa said...

I wouldn't be where I am at without the help of other bloggers. Hard to believe I've been at this 9 year already!

 
At 21 February 2015 at 03:25 , Blogger Andi said...

How wonderful that you were able to start a group - I applaud the effort!

 
At 21 February 2015 at 03:29 , Blogger Unknown said...

I have people tell me offline as well. I asked to join your group. Facebook groups are such a great way to connect with other bloggers.

 
At 21 February 2015 at 08:47 , Blogger Anosa said...

Thank you Jasmine, it definitely is hard but supporting one another helps

 
At 21 February 2015 at 08:48 , Blogger Anosa said...

Thank you, approved and glad I could help

 
At 21 February 2015 at 08:49 , Blogger Anosa said...

I am always amazed and encouraged when I hear how long people have been blogging for gives me hope. Not many people appreciate blogging and what goes into it.

 
At 21 February 2015 at 08:50 , Blogger Anosa said...

Thank you Shannon, approved. I hope I will be of more help in this group

 
At 21 February 2015 at 08:51 , Blogger Anosa said...

My sentiments exactly, thanks Tori

 
At 21 February 2015 at 08:57 , Blogger Anosa said...

Thank you Fiona, approved.

 
At 21 February 2015 at 08:57 , Blogger Anosa said...

Thank you Donna, approved

 
At 21 February 2015 at 08:58 , Blogger Anosa said...

Thank you Alicia, I couldn't agree more

 
At 21 February 2015 at 08:59 , Blogger Anosa said...

It can be really daunting starting out but i have found facebook groups most helpful

 
At 21 February 2015 at 08:59 , Blogger Anosa said...

Me too x

 
At 21 February 2015 at 08:59 , Blogger Anosa said...

You're welcome Nancy

 
At 21 February 2015 at 09:00 , Blogger Anosa said...

oh wow 9 years, that is awesome.

 
At 21 February 2015 at 09:00 , Blogger Anosa said...

Thank you Andi

 
At 21 February 2015 at 09:01 , Blogger Anosa said...

Approved Karissa, I am humbled when I am told offline but I want it reflected online too where possible lol

 
At 21 February 2015 at 11:41 , Blogger Cathy said...

What a lovely post, good luck with the Facebook group I will definitely look out for it xx

 
At 21 February 2015 at 11:59 , Blogger Anosa said...

Thank you Cathy, I hope you join so we can support one another

 
At 21 February 2015 at 16:12 , Anonymous Anonymous said...

I love blogging groups just for the chance to meet other bloggers and to learn new things from them. Great for networking!

 
At 21 February 2015 at 19:18 , Anonymous Lilinha Espindula said...

The blogging community can be very supporting, so it's a great idea for new bloggers to join Facebook groups for support and advice x

 
At 21 February 2015 at 23:36 , Blogger Unknown said...

I love blogging FB groups - they're such a fun way to stay connected and keep in contact with other bloggers on a daily basis!

 
At 22 February 2015 at 02:15 , Blogger Unknown said...

I love blogging FB groups and really find that it's a great way to connect with others and network as well. It's also great to be able to get differing views and opinions on blogging stuff. :)

 
At 22 February 2015 at 15:30 , Blogger mail4rosey said...

I love when bloggers help other bloggers. I think it's a wonderful community where that happens more times than not (and a big hurrah for it).

 
At 22 February 2015 at 17:08 , Blogger Unknown said...

That's so great of you to create a community like that. I know that it took me forever to find different communities of bloggers and I'm so thankful for how we help each other.

 
At 22 February 2015 at 17:30 , Anonymous Kori said...

The amount and variety of FB groups for bloggers is amazing and it's a great thing. I'm finding that it's super helpful and I enjoy exploring different blogs.

 
At 22 February 2015 at 17:54 , Anonymous Cara (@StylishGeek) said...

Oh how wonderful Myradev! I will definitely look out for that Lovely Bloggers group and join in. I appreciate the blogging community because while we are all virtual friends there is true showing of support, empowerment, and camaraderie :)

 
At 22 February 2015 at 18:41 , Blogger Ann B said...

I have made so many great friends threw my Blog. I will have to watch for your group so i can join.

 
At 22 February 2015 at 20:51 , Blogger Yona Williams said...

I love connecting with different bloggers on the Facebook groups that I've joined. Not only do I draw traffic to my posts, but I also learn so much in the process.

 
At 23 February 2015 at 00:59 , Anonymous Camesha said...

The amount of work that goes into blogging is insane. You have to love it to do it. I've been blogging since 2008. I think I love it. :) I'll be checking out your group!

 
At 23 February 2015 at 02:44 , Blogger CourtneyLynne said...

This is great!!!! I wouldn't be where I am today with my blog if it wasn't for groups helping me on the way!! I've learned so much from other bloggers!

 
At 23 February 2015 at 07:22 , Blogger Unknown said...

oh gosh, this is so true! When I started a year ago I had no idea everything that goes into blogging! It's so fun though!

 
At 24 February 2015 at 01:38 , Blogger Debi Gerhart said...

I remember this time all to well. I have to say, if it was not for all of the social media groups, I do not think how far I would have gotten.

 
At 24 February 2015 at 12:11 , Blogger Anosa said...

Same here, I am always learning something new from my fellow bloggers

 
At 24 February 2015 at 12:12 , Blogger Anosa said...

Absolutely, especially those of us who do not know any blogger friends outside the internet world

 
At 24 February 2015 at 12:12 , Blogger Anosa said...

So true could have put it better myself

 
At 24 February 2015 at 12:13 , Blogger Anosa said...

Yes, very important to have a broad mind with different views and opinions from other bloggers

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home