{Book Review} The rainy day man


click image to buy book

Book Description

Have you ever felt that your entire life is infected with lies?

And eventually had to confront your own, genuine identity?

Danny Simon, a retired Israeli secret agent, is returned to service and sent to Israeli-occupied South Lebanon. His simple mission - to collect data - is revealed as a conspiracy. The facts, the people and his surroundings are all infected with lies, and as the suspense builds, Simon finds himself trapped.
Is Danny in control - of his family life, of his lover, of his superiors? Can he trust any of them? Can he regain control of his mission and his life? At the end of a thrilling chase, Danny reveals the true nature of his mission, confronting his own, genuine identity.
The rainy day man is a very well written spy story, with a mysterious plot that will make your imagination go into overdrive.
If you are looking for a great mystery novel with espionage, intrigue and suspense flavors to spice up your life, then on your next rainy day read this book by Amnon Jackont


My Review
When I started reading this book I was really confused and found it hard to understand what was happening, the starting makes it sound like there is a funeral of some sort when in actuality it was just the main character (Danny Simon) leaving his current job as a spy. The death part the writer was trying to illustrate the death of a fake life which the main character had lived for many years. The writer gives good back ground into the inside of the main character and his state of mind, his emotions and what his craving for. I started to really enjoy the book when the character went on his assignment not as a spy of sorts but as himself in lebanon. I started to enjoy the twists and the turns, the writer portrayed it so well that though fictional you could relate to some personal turmoil Danny experienced. I will not spoil the end for you but will encourage you to check it out and make your own conclusion, I think because I love the books to be more romance erotica and spy ones to watch them as movies made it and added to my struggle to read this book to begin with but it was exhilarating and absolute fun once I got it. This was my first ever spy book but I will say my overall experience is/was not bad and I am happy to recommend this book to spy and/or political fanatics.

How do you feel about reading spy or even political novels/books? 

 I received one or more of the products mentioned above for free using Tomoson.com. Regardless, I only recommend products or services I use personally and believe will be good for my readers.

Labels: ,

::The Myrabev Life::: {Book Review} The rainy day man

Thursday, October 30, 2014

{Book Review} The rainy day man


Book Description

Have you ever felt that your entire life is infected with lies?

And eventually had to confront your own, genuine identity?

Danny Simon, a retired Israeli secret agent, is returned to service and sent to Israeli-occupied South Lebanon. His simple mission - to collect data - is revealed as a conspiracy. The facts, the people and his surroundings are all infected with lies, and as the suspense builds, Simon finds himself trapped.
Is Danny in control - of his family life, of his lover, of his superiors? Can he trust any of them? Can he regain control of his mission and his life? At the end of a thrilling chase, Danny reveals the true nature of his mission, confronting his own, genuine identity.
The rainy day man is a very well written spy story, with a mysterious plot that will make your imagination go into overdrive.
If you are looking for a great mystery novel with espionage, intrigue and suspense flavors to spice up your life, then on your next rainy day read this book by Amnon Jackont


My Review
When I started reading this book I was really confused and found it hard to understand what was happening, the starting makes it sound like there is a funeral of some sort when in actuality it was just the main character (Danny Simon) leaving his current job as a spy. The death part the writer was trying to illustrate the death of a fake life which the main character had lived for many years. The writer gives good back ground into the inside of the main character and his state of mind, his emotions and what his craving for. I started to really enjoy the book when the character went on his assignment not as a spy of sorts but as himself in lebanon. I started to enjoy the twists and the turns, the writer portrayed it so well that though fictional you could relate to some personal turmoil Danny experienced. I will not spoil the end for you but will encourage you to check it out and make your own conclusion, I think because I love the books to be more romance erotica and spy ones to watch them as movies made it and added to my struggle to read this book to begin with but it was exhilarating and absolute fun once I got it. This was my first ever spy book but I will say my overall experience is/was not bad and I am happy to recommend this book to spy and/or political fanatics.

How do you feel about reading spy or even political novels/books? 

 I received one or more of the products mentioned above for free using Tomoson.com. Regardless, I only recommend products or services I use personally and believe will be good for my readers.

Labels: ,

34 Comments:

At 30 October 2014 at 05:50 , Blogger saki20 said...

I am a sucker for reading thriller books it is so hard to put them down. I don't think i have read a spy book, but a few crime ones. This was a great review thank you. I'm going to add it to my to read list on goodreads

 
At 30 October 2014 at 07:26 , Blogger Anosa said...

I do love thrillers but more movies than books, my kind of books need romance of sorts lol. Thanks Samantha

 
At 30 October 2014 at 09:46 , Blogger Masshole Mommy said...

That sounds like a great read! I will have to add it to my list.

 
At 30 October 2014 at 10:26 , Blogger Sophie's Plus Size Wonderland said...

I would say this would be good as a movie!

 
At 30 October 2014 at 15:22 , Blogger Unknown said...

I'm not a big fan of political books, I prefer love stories or or a bit of horror. I'm a huge twilight fan.

 
At 30 October 2014 at 18:29 , Anonymous Amy@A Day In the Life of Mrs Glass said...

I don't like political novels. I enjoy spy novels if they aren't too difficult to follow.

 
At 30 October 2014 at 20:28 , Blogger CourtneyLynne said...

Sounds like a fantastic book!!! Going to have to add it to my list of books to read ;-)

 
At 30 October 2014 at 20:47 , Blogger Liz Mays said...

You've definitely piqued my curiosity with this one. How can I resist it now?

 
At 30 October 2014 at 21:10 , Blogger Nicci said...

My Dad loves spy related items. I bet he would enjoy this book!

 
At 30 October 2014 at 21:17 , Blogger Mrs. Mashed Up said...

Interesting piece--sounds like a real thriller. I love the fact that it is format is an ebook. It is the wave of the future.

 
At 30 October 2014 at 21:36 , Blogger BusyBee said...

oooh i love a good spy story. This sounds really great

 
At 30 October 2014 at 22:20 , Blogger Unknown said...

Sounds like a good book! My best friend is a super book worm. I'll have to ask her about it!

 
At 30 October 2014 at 23:43 , Blogger Unknown said...

This sounds like a great book. It will have to add it to my must read list. I think my son will also enjoy it.

 
At 31 October 2014 at 00:36 , Blogger Kathy said...

My husband loves book like this. I will let him know about this one!

 
At 31 October 2014 at 00:41 , Blogger Lavende & Lemonade said...

Looks like an intriguing book...perfect thriller for the Halloween season.

 
At 31 October 2014 at 00:50 , Blogger cindy said...

My husband is a huge reader. I will show him this. He is always looking for great books to read.

 
At 31 October 2014 at 00:57 , Blogger Melissa said...

My favorite genre of books are murder/mystery, so I know I'd love this. Even with a slow beginning.

 
At 31 October 2014 at 02:12 , Blogger Nina Say said...

I love reading book reviews. I'm always looking for books to add to my goodreads shelf.

 
At 31 October 2014 at 03:07 , Blogger Unknown said...

Looks like an interesting book, I might take a look at this.

 
At 31 October 2014 at 04:02 , Blogger HilLesha O'Nan said...

I don't get into politics, but I do enjoy a good mystery!

 
At 31 October 2014 at 05:49 , Anonymous Jessica Doll said...

Your review is nice and detailed. I don't read a lot of spy or political type of books but I used to read so many mysteries when I was younger.

 
At 31 October 2014 at 05:59 , Blogger Elizabeth O. said...

I like reading spy stories. Jackont's a great storyteller.

 
At 31 October 2014 at 07:05 , Blogger Roch said...

I love reading books with mysterious plots and characters (spies). This one may be for me!

 
At 31 October 2014 at 12:07 , Blogger Unknown said...

Seems like a dark one to read but quite interesting I'd say.

 
At 31 October 2014 at 14:26 , Blogger Bonnie G said...

I used to read all the time. I've got to get back to reading some day. Sounds like a good read.

 
At 31 October 2014 at 17:12 , Blogger Ann B said...

I don't normally read political or spy books. I am going to check this one out as it sounds good.

 
At 31 October 2014 at 18:07 , Blogger Rebecca Swenor said...

Spies in general have always interest me so I would probably love to read this book. Thanks for sharing.

 
At 31 October 2014 at 19:01 , Blogger Cassie Tucker said...

Sounds like an interesting read. I don't know if I could get past the confusing beginning but it seems worth a try.

 
At 1 November 2014 at 05:38 , Blogger Anosa said...

my thoughts exactly

 
At 1 November 2014 at 05:39 , Blogger Anosa said...

recommend it to him is enjoyable once you get the gist of the situation

 
At 1 November 2014 at 05:40 , Blogger Anosa said...

Thank you Jessica

 
At 1 November 2014 at 05:41 , Blogger Anosa said...

I love spies but more in movies for me

 
At 2 November 2014 at 16:13 , Blogger Unknown said...

I love reading and getting to know characters. I am not a big reader of thriller books but after you great review I may give it a shot.

 
At 2 November 2014 at 19:13 , Blogger Hannah Wood said...

Arr now that a cool movie.

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home