{Recipe} Simple Salmon meal







Hi there and welcome! I am still basking in my own joy because I have finally gone back to cooking!no more take aways. I just love how I can come up with different recipes, even better the web is full of them. I must confess I am yet to fully follow a recipe to the T, all of them so far I have made major alterations but that's ok that's called cooking (ha self praise). Now let me share with you my quick and easy salmon meal I had the last night.

Ingredients
Salmon fillets
Spring onions, chopped finely
Chilli, chopped finely
Lime juice (zest too if prefer) 1 tablespoon 
Butter
Cooking oil 1 tablespoon 

Method
Heat the cooking oil and fry the salmon for 5 minutes or till crisp and make sure you start with the skin part. 
Once cooked or crisp, turn on to the sides and cook for 2 minutes each side. 

... Put aside once done...

Melt a knob of butter in the pan, once done fry the spring onions, chilli plus lime zest (if included) for 3 minutes then add the lime juice. 

Pour the sauce you just made onto the salmon and serve with either a salad or rice. I chose rice cause I needed a full and filling meal. 

This is a light meal which can be eaten at anytime, it is easy to prepare and delicious. What do you think? Do you like salmon? If so how do you like yours cooked?

Labels: , ,

::The Myrabev Life::: {Recipe} Simple Salmon meal

Saturday, October 18, 2014

{Recipe} Simple Salmon meal







Hi there and welcome! I am still basking in my own joy because I have finally gone back to cooking!no more take aways. I just love how I can come up with different recipes, even better the web is full of them. I must confess I am yet to fully follow a recipe to the T, all of them so far I have made major alterations but that's ok that's called cooking (ha self praise). Now let me share with you my quick and easy salmon meal I had the last night.

Ingredients
Salmon fillets
Spring onions, chopped finely
Chilli, chopped finely
Lime juice (zest too if prefer) 1 tablespoon 
Butter
Cooking oil 1 tablespoon 

Method
Heat the cooking oil and fry the salmon for 5 minutes or till crisp and make sure you start with the skin part. 
Once cooked or crisp, turn on to the sides and cook for 2 minutes each side. 

... Put aside once done...

Melt a knob of butter in the pan, once done fry the spring onions, chilli plus lime zest (if included) for 3 minutes then add the lime juice. 

Pour the sauce you just made onto the salmon and serve with either a salad or rice. I chose rice cause I needed a full and filling meal. 

This is a light meal which can be eaten at anytime, it is easy to prepare and delicious. What do you think? Do you like salmon? If so how do you like yours cooked?

Labels: , ,

37 Comments:

At 18 October 2014 at 13:32 , Blogger Unknown said...

It looks yummy. I love salmon, it is one of my favorites. I steam or oven bake mine though normally

 
At 18 October 2014 at 14:17 , Blogger Face Up Fitness said...

It's lunch time (actually is 2.15pm so past lunch time, but I haven't yet eaten) and this is making me feel terribly hungry. I'm partial to a bit of salmon. This recipe looks scrummy! Tx

 
At 18 October 2014 at 15:45 , Blogger Anosa said...

Thanks Nicola, I just started cooking again so maybe next time I mighy steam or bake x

 
At 18 October 2014 at 16:09 , Blogger Anosa said...

Looking at my pictures I am going to make another lol

 
At 18 October 2014 at 16:23 , Blogger Beck Valley Books said...

I have a huge craving for Salmon lately, everytime I go shopping I end up with some Salmon in the trolley. Love the look and sound of this one, as always !!

 
At 18 October 2014 at 16:32 , Blogger Anosa said...

Thank you Sharon, I too love salmon but the cooking only started this week again lol

 
At 18 October 2014 at 21:27 , Blogger Unknown said...

What a feast! My husband is a HUGE Salmon lover and would go bonkers over this dish :D

 
At 18 October 2014 at 21:47 , Anonymous Anonymous said...

My fiance loves salmon, this might be a tasty treat for a special dinner soon.

 
At 19 October 2014 at 00:56 , Blogger gillian claire said...

I actually have never liked Salmon which is unfortunate because it seems to be like the healthiest food out there!! Your recipe looks tasty though, maybe I need to suck it up and try to find a way to enjoy Salmon!

 
At 19 October 2014 at 01:52 , Blogger Lix Hewett said...

Looks delish! I don't really love salmon - it's tasty but I'm always so put off by the ridiculous amount of bones you have to take out of it as you eat it. Ruins the whole experience.

 
At 19 October 2014 at 01:55 , Blogger Taneja's Bride said...

Wow, delectable photos of the salmon! It looks delicious! <3

 
At 19 October 2014 at 03:00 , Blogger Unknown said...

Ugh! That's so avoidable and hopefully you don't have that experience in restaurants. It's a sign of a lazy cook/chef.

 
At 19 October 2014 at 03:01 , Blogger Unknown said...

Your photos are great! I am not a huge salmon fan myself but can fabricate the heck out of a 25 pounder! hehe!

 
At 19 October 2014 at 08:44 , Blogger Anosa said...

Thank you it was a feast indeed x

 
At 19 October 2014 at 08:45 , Blogger Anosa said...

Thanks and let me know when you try it, I think sometimes we just need the courage to try something new x

 
At 19 October 2014 at 08:46 , Blogger Anosa said...

I agree with Amby its sign of laziness in the kitchen if the chef serves salmon with bones in it. This one I bought from sainsburys has no bone what so ever x

 
At 19 October 2014 at 08:47 , Blogger Anosa said...

Thanks Taneja x

 
At 19 October 2014 at 08:48 , Blogger Anosa said...

Hahahaha I love that "fabricate the heck out if a 25 pounder" I might just need to see that lol x

 
At 19 October 2014 at 14:43 , Anonymous Deepta S said...

I love salmon too! I usually brine it with olive oil lemon juice and herbs and cook both sides lightly- this looks absolutely delish!

 
At 19 October 2014 at 16:46 , Blogger Andi said...

We make salmon at least once a week. Either raw as sashimi, or pan fried and then served over rice or udon noodles. My hubby also makes it with parchment paper in the oven, which has a steamed effect - delicious. We make extra pieces and then eat it cold with potatoes or salad - we eat a LOT of salmon!

 
At 19 October 2014 at 18:11 , Blogger Anosa said...

I am so gonna try that on Tuesday night, thanks x

 
At 19 October 2014 at 18:12 , Blogger Anosa said...

I was planning on having it potatoe salad, thanks x

 
At 19 October 2014 at 19:56 , Blogger Julianna Morlet said...

Looks like I know what I'm making for dinner this week!

 
At 19 October 2014 at 20:19 , Blogger Unknown said...

Oh goodness this looks yummy! I love salmon!

 
At 19 October 2014 at 23:32 , Anonymous Sassy Dove | tongue-in-cheek beauty tips said...

Looks super tasty - I'm a big fish fan and have it almost every day for lunch, so this would work perfectly for me.

 
At 20 October 2014 at 00:32 , Blogger Heather O'Neill said...

Oh my gosh! This looks SO GOOD! I LOVE salmon! :)

 
At 20 October 2014 at 06:12 , Blogger Anosa said...

Thanks x

 
At 20 October 2014 at 06:12 , Blogger Anosa said...

Thanks, I want to incorporate it more in my diet

 
At 20 October 2014 at 06:13 , Blogger Anosa said...

Thanks Heather x

 
At 20 October 2014 at 19:25 , Blogger Unknown said...

Wow it looks like you are a good cook. It looks delicious.

 
At 20 October 2014 at 22:09 , Blogger Anosa said...

Awww thanks Karissa appreciate that

 
At 21 October 2014 at 18:36 , Blogger Fiona said...

I wish I liked fish, this would be such a healthy dinner option.

 
At 21 October 2014 at 19:09 , Blogger Unknown said...

Looks good, even though I don't eat seafood! haha

 
At 21 October 2014 at 20:40 , Blogger Sarah said...

This looks great really simple and delicious :-)

 
At 22 October 2014 at 03:33 , Blogger Unknown said...

Love salmon and am always looking for a new recipe. I'll definitely be trying this one!

 
At 23 October 2014 at 07:21 , Anonymous Anonymous said...

I enjoy grilling salmon then squeezing lime juice over it when done. Your recipe looks like a great one I can try in the kitchen. :)

 
At 29 October 2014 at 20:27 , Blogger Anosa said...

I too love salmon and thanks x

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home