{Blogging DIY Series} Create your site tab icon ~ Wordpress


So you have survived the first few days of the new year, how do you feel? How is 2015 shaping up for you? 

As I mentioned last week I want to be doing some Blogging DIY posts, I do not know how long this will last but I hope to share what I have learnt in my almost 2 years of blogging. I am in no way claiming to be an expert, I am sharing what has worked for me and things I feel some new bloggers (even older) would appreciate.



Last week I shared with you how to Create Your Site Tab Icon for Blogger and received nice feedback, as I promised last week I am sharing today how to install the personalized tab icon for wordpress. My way is a simple way but only if you have installed Jetpack with your wordpress theme, I will share other alternatives that I found whilst doing my research to help those who do not yet have Jetpack plugin installed.



STEP 1a: Create the Icon you want to be associated with your blog, this is part of your branding and identity.

STEP 1b: Save this file on desktop as jpeg, png or .ICO format. The size of the file should be 16x16 pixels or 32x32 pixels and no more.



STEP 2: Jetpack (if installed), add the widget called Site Icons which can be located on the Jetpack dashboard.




STEP 3: Go to settings then click General, scroll to the bottom and upload the favicon file you saved on your desktop. Click save at the bottom of General settings and that's you done.

For those who do not have Jetpack installed I found these two nice articles which I think are really good and simple enough to help you add the favicon or tab icon to your wordpress site or website.

I hope this was helpful, let me know your thoughts and add any comments on how this could be improved or even done better.

Labels: ,

::The Myrabev Life::: {Blogging DIY Series} Create your site tab icon ~ Wordpress

Tuesday, January 06, 2015

{Blogging DIY Series} Create your site tab icon ~ Wordpress


So you have survived the first few days of the new year, how do you feel? How is 2015 shaping up for you? 

As I mentioned last week I want to be doing some Blogging DIY posts, I do not know how long this will last but I hope to share what I have learnt in my almost 2 years of blogging. I am in no way claiming to be an expert, I am sharing what has worked for me and things I feel some new bloggers (even older) would appreciate.



Last week I shared with you how to Create Your Site Tab Icon for Blogger and received nice feedback, as I promised last week I am sharing today how to install the personalized tab icon for wordpress. My way is a simple way but only if you have installed Jetpack with your wordpress theme, I will share other alternatives that I found whilst doing my research to help those who do not yet have Jetpack plugin installed.



STEP 1a: Create the Icon you want to be associated with your blog, this is part of your branding and identity.

STEP 1b: Save this file on desktop as jpeg, png or .ICO format. The size of the file should be 16x16 pixels or 32x32 pixels and no more.



STEP 2: Jetpack (if installed), add the widget called Site Icons which can be located on the Jetpack dashboard.




STEP 3: Go to settings then click General, scroll to the bottom and upload the favicon file you saved on your desktop. Click save at the bottom of General settings and that's you done.

For those who do not have Jetpack installed I found these two nice articles which I think are really good and simple enough to help you add the favicon or tab icon to your wordpress site or website.

I hope this was helpful, let me know your thoughts and add any comments on how this could be improved or even done better.

Labels: ,

23 Comments:

At 6 January 2015 at 18:06 , Blogger Unknown said...

Thanks for sharing! Unfortunately I have blogger :(

 
At 6 January 2015 at 18:12 , Blogger Anosa said...

Hi Kyla, here is the link to the blogger one http://www.myrabev.blogspot.co.uk/2015/01/blogging-diy-series-create-your-site.html

 
At 6 January 2015 at 19:17 , Blogger Natalie said...

This looks awesome! I have Blogger, too, but I'm definitely going to check out the link you left for Kyla above in the comments!

 
At 6 January 2015 at 19:48 , Blogger Breanna said...

Great tutorial! I have blogger, but it isn't too hard to figure out! :)

 
At 6 January 2015 at 20:00 , Blogger Unknown said...

Thanks for sharing, I'm pinning so I can play around later.

 
At 6 January 2015 at 20:34 , Blogger Jordan said...

I love how you've laid out this tutorial! I do use blogger but still love that you're helping others with tricky stuff like this :)

hellomissjordan.blogspot.co.uk xx

 
At 6 January 2015 at 21:00 , Anonymous Cara of Stylish+Geek Blog said...

Thanks for your tutorial :) Very helpful post!

 
At 6 January 2015 at 21:16 , Blogger Vanessa Morgan said...

Thanks for the tutorial. Have a lovely Tuesday.

 
At 6 January 2015 at 23:44 , Anonymous Farrah said...

Thanks for doing a tutorial for wordpress too! :D! Mine is being a hater and demands that it be at least 512px in both width and length but won't work even when I try that, so I'm gonna mess with it later. ._.

 
At 7 January 2015 at 01:40 , Blogger Unknown said...

Perfect timing! Mine is needing to be changed!

 
At 7 January 2015 at 01:51 , Blogger Unknown said...

Wow - that broke it down and made it easy! Thanks for sharing -- I love step by step; makes me feel like I can actually do it too!!

 
At 7 January 2015 at 03:42 , Blogger Alyssa said...

Such great information to know! Thanks for the tutorial!

 
At 7 January 2015 at 04:27 , Blogger Unknown said...

This is great, and you made it look so easy! Thank you!

 
At 7 January 2015 at 04:47 , Blogger Unknown said...

Nice tutorial! I don't have wordpress but it was neat to see how you set this up!

 
At 7 January 2015 at 06:06 , Blogger Unknown said...

Thanks for the tutorial on creating a favicon. I appreciate step by step instructions!

 
At 7 January 2015 at 06:10 , Blogger Kelly said...

I love this series! I love hearing about others' approaches to blogging! Thanks for sharing!

xxo,
Kelly
http://asideofsweet.com

 
At 7 January 2015 at 06:56 , Blogger Brendy Beauty said...

Thanks for the tutorial and thanks for sharing!

 
At 7 January 2015 at 10:12 , Blogger Unknown said...

Thanks so much for sharing its great to have some more info on blogging website help
Many Thanks
Rosie

 
At 8 January 2015 at 05:31 , Blogger lauriel said...

Great tutorial! My favicon was one of the first things I set up - it's so much fun establishing your visual identity. I just wanted to say though... what a beautiful WP interface! I use WP as well, but my interface is pretty bland (white and grey) and even messy-looking in comparison. I never realized there was an option to customize it..!

xo,
lauriel
EyeForElegance.com

 
At 9 January 2015 at 18:27 , Blogger Katie said...

This is a great tutorial! When | was setting up my blog, I googled how to do everything and it was tutorials like this that massively helped me out!

Katie <3

 
At 10 January 2015 at 23:32 , Blogger RobynK said...

This is a GREAT tip -- I did mine a long time ago but had forgotten how, the refresher is always nice!

 
At 14 January 2015 at 05:16 , Blogger Ivette said...

Love this tip!

 
At 16 January 2015 at 03:45 , Blogger Unknown said...

Thanks for the tip, it's always great to find blogging tips.


Turquoise and Tortoiseshells

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home