Happy holidays everyone, we have 6 days till the new year begins, I am very excited and very nervous but as a fellow blogger reminded me 'the best part about hitting rock bottom is that you can only go up'. No one knows how the day will begin later on the year but I am happy for how this year started (it was crap but for a purpose) and how it ended (dreams came true), I have learnt so much about myself and commend myself for being human and not always being what I am expected to be.
I am sitting here trying to think of the first book I picked up to read in 2014 and I honestly can not remember. I am good at this but this time I can not remember, I have time and again mentioned how crap the behind of this ending year was but since my emphasise is 'ending year' I sit here smiling to myself like a fool (a happy fool). Even though I can not remember the book that I first read in 2014 I know what book has stayed on my mind all this time and it's 'A father for Christmas'. I reviewed this book back in November and I can not stop thinking about it. I usually re-read the book or play the scenarios in my head. This book was well written and as you know I am a sucker for romance books so this fell right on my alley. I guess this book has stayed with me the longest because I feel it carries more hope that most books have read this year. And I know you know I read and review lots of books on this blog and I have expressed it deeply; romance and children's books are my all time favourite. The adult book can be boring but so long as it has romance and is not repetitive like 50 Shades of Grey I am all over it. A children's book has to be interactive and carry a lesson of sort for me to like it.
Have also been trying to think of the one movie or TV series that I have enjoyed this year and there are just so many I am finding it hard to pick one so I thought I list out 5.
- The Blacklist - this TV series stars James Spader (Boston Legal), he plays Reddington a former marine or is it army who due to something or rather ends up selling secrets then later on hands himself to the FBI and starts helping them catch the most wanted criminals but only if he works with Agent Keen. It is mind blowing, I am almost done with season 2 and awaiting season 3 next year I hope. It's a must see TV series.
- Lucy - this movie is mind boggling, I went to watch out of personal curiosity and must say the per-Ads for this movie was amazing but the movie itself for me was disappointing. I guess I wanted more than her turning into a USB stick, it's fascinating for the scientist in me what it would be like to use more than 20% of the brain capacity and see what exactly the mind is capable of and though it's stuck in my mind and had funny clips it was not the best have seen.
- The Mentalist (season 7) - I have been a lover of this series since it started and reminds me so much of 'The Glades'. I love how season 7 started with Patrick Jane and Lisbon finally getting it together it's a fun series to watch and Simon Baker is just an amazing actor.
- Frozen - Ok to start off I was peeved off with it, I mean the song was so annoying after you have heard it for a hundredth time from toddlers and adults like but then I felt if you cant beat them join them and I did and I must confess I was it at least once a week with Tangled, Mulan and The road to el dorado.
- Scandal - I love olivia pope but then again I don't. I love how she works and get things done, are persistence and her loyalty to her team but I do not like the Fitz thing. I wish they would just let it go or get it over with. I love this drama but I her dad is scary like cold scary.
What was the first book you read or movie you saw in 2014?
Labels: blogging, Review