{Blogging DIY Series} Create your site tab icon


Happy New Year, I hope you had an amazing time with family and stuffed your faces in delicious foods I sure did since my mother cooked our New Year's Day meal and I have not had her cooking in a while since I do not live with my parents. This new year has given me a chance to start out a new series I have been wanting to do for a  while not just never had the guts nor the time to implement it so let me know what you think.



Have you ever wondered how some websites or even blogs have a personalised Favicon (otherwise called logo) installed? I certainly have, this year will be 2 years blogging in 7 months time and it only took me also a year and half to learn that I can actually do and make my own personalised logos for my main website A July Dreamer and this blog The Myrabev Life. I was very happy to find I can actually do this myself and do not have to pay anyone to do it which in the blogging world is always a bonus if you can do it yourself. 

You will notice that both my blogs have the same logo and this is by choice and not because I couldn't be bother to do another one.

Today I will be sharing how I made my Favicon for The Myrabev Life blog and next week I will share how I made for A July Dreamer in 4 easy steps.



STEP 1: Using Photo editors like PicMonkey, create a logo that you want associated with your blog or site. I chose a red kiss since I am obsessed with red lipstick if my lipstick collection is anything to go by.

STEP 2: On Blogger, go to layout and in the top left corner click on edit Favicon.

STEP 3: Using the logo you created and saved on your desktop in step 1, upload the file. **Ensure for Blogger logos that its 100KB.**

STEP 4: Save the logo and save the layout then view your blog. 
For some it may take a few minutes to configure and show up so wait a few minutes before checking the Favicon widget if it worked or not.

There you have it, four easy steps and you have a logo of your own doing. I know as a blogger I open up a lot of tabs when commenting on blog posts so it makes it easy for me to locate what's what and if my PC was ever to crush and I can not restore instead of going back and re-checking all I usually work with the logos.

Let me know if you found this useful, and if you try it and have difficulties let me know I am happy to help.



Labels: ,

::The Myrabev Life::: {Blogging DIY Series} Create your site tab icon

Friday, January 02, 2015

{Blogging DIY Series} Create your site tab icon


Happy New Year, I hope you had an amazing time with family and stuffed your faces in delicious foods I sure did since my mother cooked our New Year's Day meal and I have not had her cooking in a while since I do not live with my parents. This new year has given me a chance to start out a new series I have been wanting to do for a  while not just never had the guts nor the time to implement it so let me know what you think.



Have you ever wondered how some websites or even blogs have a personalised Favicon (otherwise called logo) installed? I certainly have, this year will be 2 years blogging in 7 months time and it only took me also a year and half to learn that I can actually do and make my own personalised logos for my main website A July Dreamer and this blog The Myrabev Life. I was very happy to find I can actually do this myself and do not have to pay anyone to do it which in the blogging world is always a bonus if you can do it yourself. 

You will notice that both my blogs have the same logo and this is by choice and not because I couldn't be bother to do another one.

Today I will be sharing how I made my Favicon for The Myrabev Life blog and next week I will share how I made for A July Dreamer in 4 easy steps.



STEP 1: Using Photo editors like PicMonkey, create a logo that you want associated with your blog or site. I chose a red kiss since I am obsessed with red lipstick if my lipstick collection is anything to go by.

STEP 2: On Blogger, go to layout and in the top left corner click on edit Favicon.

STEP 3: Using the logo you created and saved on your desktop in step 1, upload the file. **Ensure for Blogger logos that its 100KB.**

STEP 4: Save the logo and save the layout then view your blog. 
For some it may take a few minutes to configure and show up so wait a few minutes before checking the Favicon widget if it worked or not.

There you have it, four easy steps and you have a logo of your own doing. I know as a blogger I open up a lot of tabs when commenting on blog posts so it makes it easy for me to locate what's what and if my PC was ever to crush and I can not restore instead of going back and re-checking all I usually work with the logos.

Let me know if you found this useful, and if you try it and have difficulties let me know I am happy to help.



Labels: ,

33 Comments:

At 2 January 2015 at 14:58 , Blogger Unknown said...

Thank you so much for this post! This is one thing I wish more bloggers knew about since many times I visit a blog and they don't have a custom favicon. It's a small detail, but definitely adds to your brand!

 
At 2 January 2015 at 16:54 , Anonymous Anonymous said...

Thanks for describe how to create it in a free program! I wonder how you would do this on a Wordpress site.

 
At 2 January 2015 at 18:00 , Blogger Anosa said...

I will be sharing how to do this next week on Wordpress so stay tuned.

 
At 2 January 2015 at 18:01 , Blogger Anosa said...

Thanks Gina, I think personalizing your blog logo adds to branding.

 
At 2 January 2015 at 18:02 , Blogger Angelic Sinova said...

I sometimes find it strange when bloggers don't have custom favicon but some don't know who truly easy they are to make! They add so much to the overall blog. Love your step by step guide <3

 
At 2 January 2015 at 18:11 , Anonymous Jamie said...

Can't wait until next week to see how to do this in Wordpress!!!

 
At 2 January 2015 at 18:19 , Blogger Unknown said...

How fun! I will need go do this at some point! Thanks for the tips. This is great!

 
At 2 January 2015 at 18:21 , Blogger Anosa said...

Thank you, I was always curious how it was made and now that i know wanted to share my knowledge.

 
At 2 January 2015 at 18:22 , Blogger Anosa said...

I hope to deliver Jamie.

 
At 2 January 2015 at 18:23 , Blogger Anosa said...

Anytime, you're welcome

 
At 2 January 2015 at 19:02 , Blogger Breanna said...

This is a great tutorial! :) It will really be helpful to those making their own favicons!

 
At 2 January 2015 at 19:39 , Blogger Anosa said...

Thanks Breanna I hope so

 
At 2 January 2015 at 19:44 , Blogger Diary of a Brown Eyed Girl said...

Thank you so much for this tutorial. It was really helpful.

 
At 2 January 2015 at 20:35 , Blogger Unknown said...

Great tutorial! So very helpful! I love having a personal faveicon!

 
At 2 January 2015 at 21:49 , Blogger Anosa said...

I am really glad to hear that Kimberly, you have made my evening :)

 
At 2 January 2015 at 21:50 , Blogger Anosa said...

Thanks Melissa, I am really glad to hear that. I can not actually imagine the time when I didnt lol even though its only been like a month and half since I have had my own personalised one.

 
At 2 January 2015 at 22:53 , Anonymous Farrah said...

Yay! I recently saw something on this, but...I'm fairly certain I did something wrong because all it did was turn my background to black (sigh). Looking forward to the wordpress version! :P Thanks for sharing!

 
At 2 January 2015 at 22:53 , Blogger Esther JuLee said...

It looks great! :) I think it's good to have a favicon. It adds a little something extra for branding :)

 
At 3 January 2015 at 01:57 , Blogger Unknown said...

This is awesome! I have wondered for so long how to do this, but I didn't know what it was called, so I couldn't find a tutorial. Thank you so much!

 
At 3 January 2015 at 02:10 , Blogger Unknown said...

Thanks for posting this! I've been wondering how to do this for a while, but never got around to researching it. Hopefully the steps are close to the same for WordPress.

 
At 3 January 2015 at 03:59 , Blogger ananda said...

wooo i LOVE your favicon! i have been trying to come up with a cool icon, yours is really nice!!

 
At 3 January 2015 at 09:22 , Blogger Anosa said...

The wordpress one is tricy especially if you save the .ico file in the wrong place. The version I will be sharing and extra options are easy

 
At 3 January 2015 at 09:23 , Blogger Anosa said...

I agree and thanks

 
At 3 January 2015 at 09:24 , Blogger Anosa said...

You welcome Hun, glad to have helped

 
At 3 January 2015 at 09:26 , Blogger Anosa said...

You welcome and the wordpress is a bit similar if not a little bit tricky

 
At 3 January 2015 at 09:28 , Blogger Anosa said...

Awww thanks I appreciate that

 
At 3 January 2015 at 14:45 , Blogger Unknown said...

Oh my gosh, this is such a great idea! This will definitely be one of my projects for this weekend!

 
At 3 January 2015 at 15:00 , Blogger Anosa said...

Thanks hun and good luck hope all works out fine

 
At 3 January 2015 at 23:12 , Blogger Kelly said...

Great tip! This is one of the little things people can do to put themselves ahead of the pack! Thanks for sharing!

xxo,
Kelly
http://asideofsweet.com

 
At 4 January 2015 at 01:16 , Blogger Unknown said...

Thank you for explaining all of this, very helpful.

 
At 4 January 2015 at 05:49 , Blogger Unknown said...

This is awesome :) Sending it to my friend who is just starting her blog! I remember having to google on wordpress how to upload a site icon!

 
At 5 January 2015 at 15:51 , Blogger Unknown said...

Great tutorial! Thank you :D

 
At 5 January 2015 at 16:31 , Blogger Unknown said...

Ohhhh the favicon. A trick among tricks that people do not realize is SO easy! I used to do a series like this for blogger. Glad to see someone else joining in.

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home