Twenty fourteen in review ~ Books & TV


Happy holidays everyone, we have 6 days till the new year begins, I am very excited and very nervous but as a fellow blogger reminded me 'the best part about hitting rock bottom is that you can only go up'. No one knows how the day will begin later on the year but I am happy for how this year started (it was crap but for a purpose) and how it ended (dreams came true), I have learnt so much about myself and commend myself for being human and not always being what I am expected to be.
I am sitting here trying to think of the first book I picked up to read in 2014 and I honestly can not remember. I am good at this but this time I can not remember, I have time and again mentioned how crap the behind of this ending year was but since my emphasise is 'ending year' I sit here smiling to myself like a fool (a happy fool). Even though I can not remember the book that I first read in 2014 I know what book has stayed on my mind all this time and it's 'A father for Christmas'. I reviewed this book back in November and I can not stop thinking about it. I usually re-read the book or play the scenarios in my head. This book was well written and as you know I am a sucker for romance books so this fell right on my alley. I guess this book has stayed with me the longest because I feel it carries more hope that most books have read this year. And I know you know I read and review lots of books on this blog and I have expressed it deeply; romance and children's books are my all time favourite. The adult book can be boring but so long as it has romance and is not repetitive like 50 Shades of Grey I am all over it. A children's book has to be interactive and carry a lesson of sort for me to like it.
Have also been trying to think of the one movie or TV series that I have enjoyed this year and there are just so many I am finding it hard to pick one so I thought I list out 5.


What was the first book you read or movie you saw in 2014?

Labels: ,

::The Myrabev Life::: Twenty fourteen in review ~ Books & TV

Friday, December 26, 2014

Twenty fourteen in review ~ Books & TV


Happy holidays everyone, we have 6 days till the new year begins, I am very excited and very nervous but as a fellow blogger reminded me 'the best part about hitting rock bottom is that you can only go up'. No one knows how the day will begin later on the year but I am happy for how this year started (it was crap but for a purpose) and how it ended (dreams came true), I have learnt so much about myself and commend myself for being human and not always being what I am expected to be.
I am sitting here trying to think of the first book I picked up to read in 2014 and I honestly can not remember. I am good at this but this time I can not remember, I have time and again mentioned how crap the behind of this ending year was but since my emphasise is 'ending year' I sit here smiling to myself like a fool (a happy fool). Even though I can not remember the book that I first read in 2014 I know what book has stayed on my mind all this time and it's 'A father for Christmas'. I reviewed this book back in November and I can not stop thinking about it. I usually re-read the book or play the scenarios in my head. This book was well written and as you know I am a sucker for romance books so this fell right on my alley. I guess this book has stayed with me the longest because I feel it carries more hope that most books have read this year. And I know you know I read and review lots of books on this blog and I have expressed it deeply; romance and children's books are my all time favourite. The adult book can be boring but so long as it has romance and is not repetitive like 50 Shades of Grey I am all over it. A children's book has to be interactive and carry a lesson of sort for me to like it.
Have also been trying to think of the one movie or TV series that I have enjoyed this year and there are just so many I am finding it hard to pick one so I thought I list out 5.


  • The Blacklist - this TV series stars James Spader (Boston Legal), he plays Reddington a former marine or is it army who due to something or rather ends up selling secrets then later on hands himself to the FBI and starts helping them catch the most wanted criminals but only if he works with Agent Keen. It is mind blowing, I am almost done with season 2 and awaiting season 3 next year I hope. It's a must see TV series.
  • Lucy - this movie is mind boggling, I went to watch out of personal curiosity and must say the per-Ads for this movie was amazing but the movie itself for me was disappointing. I guess I wanted more than her turning into a USB stick, it's fascinating for the scientist in me what it would be like to use more than 20% of the brain capacity and see what exactly the mind is capable of and though it's stuck in my mind and had funny clips it was not the best have seen.
  • The Mentalist (season 7) - I have been a lover of this series since it started and reminds me so much of 'The Glades'. I love how season 7 started with Patrick Jane and Lisbon finally getting it together it's a fun series to watch and Simon Baker is just an amazing actor.
  • Frozen - Ok to start off I was peeved off with it, I mean the song was so annoying after you have heard it for a hundredth time from toddlers and adults like but then I felt if you cant beat them join them and I did and I must confess I was it at least once a week with Tangled, Mulan and The road to el dorado.
  • Scandal - I love olivia pope but then again I don't. I love how she works and get things done, are persistence and her loyalty to her team but I do not like the Fitz thing. I wish they would just let it go or get it over with. I love this drama but I her dad is scary like cold scary.
What was the first book you read or movie you saw in 2014?

Labels: ,

22 Comments:

At 26 December 2014 at 18:16 , Blogger Andi said...

Just saw Lucy - crazy??!! And LOVE Scandal! Hope you have a wonderful 2015!

 
At 26 December 2014 at 20:57 , Anonymous Anonymous said...

I want to start watching Scandal. And no matter how many times I hear it, I freaking love that Frozen song! Sickening, I know! LOL! :)

 
At 26 December 2014 at 21:58 , Blogger M. Mobery said...

I have to admit that the only thing I have seen on that list is the Mentalist. I am kinda bummed that it is the shows last season. I hope your 2015 is fantastic!! It still weirds me out that it is so soon!

 
At 26 December 2014 at 23:10 , Blogger Masshole Mommy said...

Hmmm, I don't read and I honestly can't remember that far back. I barely remember what movies I saw last month LOL.

 
At 27 December 2014 at 01:01 , Anonymous Anonymous said...

Frozen will forever be one of my absolute favorite Disney movies ever. OMG.

 
At 27 December 2014 at 02:01 , Blogger Designitgirl said...

My fiancé loves the black list. I am not so much the TV person but I do enjoy watching once in a while. Actually I cant wait for Black Sails.

 
At 27 December 2014 at 03:41 , Blogger Unknown said...

Great list! You have to love Frozen!

 
At 27 December 2014 at 03:46 , Blogger Kori at Home said...

I was the same way with Frozen. I didn't want to watch it for my own reasons then I watched a little and was immediately hooked. I love Olaf!

 
At 27 December 2014 at 04:11 , Blogger Unknown said...

I am with you on the whole Frozen thing. Such a great Disney movie. I also really loved Malicifent. I can't wait to see what movies come out in 2015.

 
At 27 December 2014 at 04:37 , Blogger MikiHope said...

I don't watch TV--but I read A LOT. I about fainted when Goodreads told me I has read 185 books this year (and I reviewed them too) Yikes!!!! But I love reading and my absolute fav genre is historical romance then mysteries.

 
At 27 December 2014 at 04:38 , Blogger Paula Schuck said...

I loved Frozen but I do admit it got a little old after awhile. I also really enjoyed Lucy despite it's disappointing ending...

 
At 27 December 2014 at 08:39 , Blogger Elizabeth O. said...

HIMYM finished this year right when I was in NY.. I'm going to miss it!

 
At 27 December 2014 at 08:52 , Blogger Unknown said...

I agreed with so many things in this post! 50 Shades of Grey was crap….ok, we get it, move on. Same thing with Scandal, Olivia & Fitz…come on, have some restraint and respect for yourself! Love The Blacklist as well. If you like those shows, you should try Homeland and Suits!

 
At 27 December 2014 at 09:56 , Blogger Anosa said...

I am so already on Homeland but not yet watched it after brody died, and suits i couldnt get past seasonal one as my other most loved ones came back lol

 
At 27 December 2014 at 14:43 , Blogger krystal said...

Scandal is the BEST! I binge watched it this year to start, and now I watch it regularly. I can't wait to see what happens next in January!

 
At 27 December 2014 at 15:26 , Blogger Unknown said...

I discovered "Orange is the New Black" this year and can't wait for the new season to be released. As for reading ... uh - I'm afraid I didn't read much of anything. Too much writing, I guess!

 
At 27 December 2014 at 16:33 , Blogger Unknown said...

I loooove the Mentalist! One of my favorite series and I'm so glad the love birds finally ended up together. Is there a season 8?

 
At 27 December 2014 at 17:24 , Blogger Unknown said...

My obsession is Downton Abby... I caught on late and watched all of the seasons on marathon mode so now I'm all caught up and restlessly waiting for more!

 
At 28 December 2014 at 06:42 , Blogger Stephanie said...

I am totally Team Jake and the whole thing with Fitz just gets under my skin. I'm so over it. And Papa Pope? HOLY CRAP! He will give you nightmares.

 
At 28 December 2014 at 22:22 , Blogger Eliz Frank said...

I'm way behind om the viewing list... I watched a lot less this year and will have to catch up in 2015.

 
At 29 December 2014 at 04:00 , Blogger The Mommy-Files said...

I seriously need to see some of these! I haven't seen Scandal, Blacklist or Lucy! Thanks for sharing these great show titles! I'll check them out!

 
At 30 December 2014 at 05:12 , Anonymous Lana @ The Truth About Blondes said...

The first book I read was The Amazing Adventures of Kavalier and Klay. Also, These Is My Words. The first took me a LONG time even though the story was great. The second I read in 4 days because I could not put it down.

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home